You can jump right into this exercise or walk yourself through any other steps you like to take when you “turn inward” (centering, grounding, releasing, etc.).
Imagine a gold sun about a foot above your head. Imagine that it’s magnetic and it’s calling back your energy from all corners of the universe. So think about all the interactions, worries, and concerns you had today and “call your energy back.” As your energy comes back to you, envision your personal sun glowing even brighter. Once you feel you’ve called your energy back, begin to bring that sun down through the crown of your head and feel its energy fill your body from head to toe. As that golden light moves through your body, feel yourself loosen in all the places you’re tight. Sit with your energy in your body and notice what that feels like.
Once you feel every nook and cranny filled with this golden energy, and you have a good grasp on what your personal energy feels like, begin to bring it out through your pores and and fill your aura. Notice how far your aura extends around you. Feel yourself surrounded by your energy. Notice how this feels different than holding that energy within the confines of your physical self. Sit with that feeling for as long as you wish.
When you feel you’ve had enough, begin to bring small movements back into your fingers and toes and begin to bring yourself back to the room and open your eyes.
In session we heard from a couple Dreamers & Schemers who found this tool to be useful and shared their personal experience of their gold sun. Feel free to share your experiences below (I love hearing how this stuff works for others because we are all so different!), or print out this page and journal privately.
Suggestions for practice:
- Daily (or regular) practice: This is a simple enough tool to add to your usual practice (centering, grounding, releasing, etc.)
- This is also a great tool to pull out when you’re feeling drained, depleted, or preoccupied by a certain situation.
- If you are doing a lot of release work, remember that it is important to fill all those little areas that are now empty. This is just one way of doing this.
- You may want to begin using this when you have quiet and privacy, but with practice, you can use this in any situation, including your work cubicle or a crowded train!
- Be aware of how you feel in the 24 hours following this exercise.
- Remember to get whatever rest you need and to drink lots of water!
Questions for reflection:
What does it feel like to call your energy back into your personal sun?
What does it feel like to bring your energy down into your body?
(How) does this feel different from working from your third chakra (solar plexus) and feeling your personal power expand out from there?
What does it feel like to expand your energy out through your aura? How is it different from sitting with your personal energy within the confines of your physical body?
What do you notice in the 24 hours following this exercise? Be aware of yourself on all PEMS levels (physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual).